Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dear Big Guy

Dear Big Guy,

You are fast asleep after a night of anxiety attacks that woke you out of a sound sleep. You have been asleep for an hour, though I keep expecting you to wake up any minute. I don't know if it was the Chamomile Calm drops I gave you at 5am (I am still amazed at how well they work) or the imaginary circle I drew around you to keep the bad dreams away or the guided meditation I did with you in the middle of the night as a last-ditch attempt to get you to sleep. All I know is your skinny little body is curled up in your massive bed and you look peaceful, finally. You are so handsome, so little, and so angelic when you sleep. You look innocent, not like the wild creature that tears apart the house and tries to punch and kick and bite us. Mama and I know you are a creative and kind little boy, no matter what your behavior might look like someitmes. You deserve to feel good, not to suffer. You deserve to be happy, well-rested, and calm. One day you will know what it is like to not be so fearful or angry, I just know it.

I love you deeply, honeyboy. I wish I could sneak in there and give you a kiss on your silky-smooth cheek (the most kissable cheek I've ever encountered!) but I'm afraid I'd wake you up.

1 comment:

  1. You two are SUCH the right place for him! Are you in NY? If so, have you heard of Bridges 2 Health? Most caseworkers don't know about it. http://www.ocfs.state.ny.us/bridgestohealth/

    We got this for ourselves mainly for respite (which we'll use as babysitters) and 24 hour emergency response for whatever drama hits whenever it its.

    ReplyDelete

Abusive or disrespectful comments and spam/advertising comments will be deleted.