I've missed Big Guy so much and I'm glad he's coming home despite a little bit of fear. The plan is to pick him up tomorrow evening and then take him out to dinner, then come home and do the bed routine. We'll see how that works. Often he does better in environments that are not our home, so going out to dinner seems like a good way to ease him into being with us and being out of the hospital. Friday we're going to the beach with my sister, her girlfriend, and my parents. I'm really looking forward to that. I tend to hesitate to tell Big Guy what we're doing the next day in case he a) sabotages it purposely or b) unintentionally acts out to an extent where we can't take him to do that particular activity. So most plans remain a surprise until the last minute. However, I think tomorrow night I'll let him know we're going to the beach Friday because he's been looking forward to it all summer. He's never been to the beach! Besides, it's not a "privilege" that I would take away from him - It's something we've already planned to do, and he behaves really well around my parents, who he adores. So (famous last words) I can't imagine anything happening that would get in the way of us going.
Things we've done while Big Guy has been gone:
- Scrapbooked all day with Sarah - What a gift! I thought I'd never scrapbook again after the insanity of the last 2 months
- Taken a late-night trip to the huge WalMart that recently opened near us (I hate WalMart as a company and dislike giving them my money, but being broke will make you do crazy things sometimes)
- Cooked tasty food from scratch
- Slept late... sometimes very late
- Gone pee without worrying about closing the bathroom door at night - Funny how one notices the littlest things!
- Went through the house getting rid of books and other stuff in order to make the house look neater and to make more room for Big Guy's toys
- Lots of cleaning
- Paid a lot of bills and done a lot of paperwork that I wasn't getting done when Big Guy was home
- Did a lot more work (for pay) than I got done during the entire rest of the summer
- Bought Big Guy some cute clothes for school
- Slept in some more
- Did those things that couples struggle to find time to do when there's high-intensity kids around
- Got taken out on a really lovely date for my birthday